We will never have the perfect bodies we want but as long as we are making progress, we are doing ok. Progress means we are not staying stagnant and we are definitely not regressing. Even when we reach our goal weight, there will always be something else to strive for. Having goals makes us stronger as long as we look for progress not perfection.
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Go check out our latest progress pictures. I'm not really sure there is a super noticeable difference between these pictures and the last pictures, alas they are there for your viewing pleasure. We always look so happy in our progress pictures.
- Savannah has lost over 27 lbs and I have lost a little over 20. Hallelujah!
- We are losing weight but we don't feel deprived of food in anyway.
- I think we can officially be considered runners. We run 3 times a week and are working on getting faster. Oh and running doesn't make us angry anymore. How did that happen?
- Confidence. We feel better in our clothes, and there is a certain confidence that comes along with that.
- In our opinion, being thinner is better. Maybe that's controversial but losing weight has improved our lives.
- So yay! we've lost weight but nothing fits. It has gotten really bad because pants are really big. I (Casey) gave away several of my favorite blazers b/c they are too big :-( However, we still have at least 20 more pounds to lose so we don't want to buy new clothes.
- We ran a 5k, so shouldn't we already be at our goal weight?! Geez.
- Even though we ran a 5k, we still feel like such inadequate runners. Our pace is sssslllllloooowww.
- We are at this point where we are really happy with our weight loss success but we feel like we've been at it forever and yet we still have so far to go.
- Just when you think, "dang, I'm hot stuff" you realize that according to your BMI you are still overweight.
That's all for this edition of real talk. Tell us about your weight loss successes and failures. What tips do you have?
Friday, September 14, 2012
Yummy Bean Dip
1 16 oz. can of fat-free refried beans
1/2 cup salsa
2 tbsp hot sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it all up!
Serve with your favorite chips- we used Ranch Tortilla Pop Chips.
For a little extra flavor, sprinkle low fat cheese on the top and warm up in the microwave for 1 minute. The flavors come out a lot more when the dip is warmed up!
Makes 9 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Protein: 2.3 g
Points+: 1 point (without cheese and chips)
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
So we've seen this recipe all over the internet and figured we'd give it a try. I was feeling all nostalgic
about my Dunkaroos days and Casey thought the recipe sounded amazing. And it totally helped that it
wasn't very many Points. We made two versions- a regular version and a gluten free version (because
Casey requires a gluten free diet).
1. 1/2 box of Funfetti cake mix (or gluten free cake mix)
2. 1 cup of fat free vanilla yogurt
3. 4 oz. Cool Whip
4. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
5. Colored sprinkles
6. Teddy Grahams (or gluten free Arrowroot cookies)
Add the yogurt....
And the Cool Whip and Vanilla....
And move to a bigger bowl because you underestimated how much dip you would make...
And put into a mason jar for cuteness!
Serve with Teddy Grahams or graham cookies or arrowroot cookies and enjoy! If you don't eat all of
the dip in one sitting, store it in your fridge!
Makes 12 servings (per dip)
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Protein: 1.4 g
Points+: 3 points (dip only)