( Adapted from Spicy Texan)
- Canola Oil Spray
- 1 Lb. Chicken Boneless-Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Ginger
- 2 Large Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce (We used Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Splenda Brown Sugar Mix
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a bag or bowl, coat chicken with cornstarch.
- Warm up a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Spray the skillet with canola oil spray and add the ginger, garlic, soy sauce and water to the pan.
- Dissolve the Splenda brown sugar mix in the sauce and bring the sauce to a boil 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce into a separate bowl.
- Coat the skillet again with Canola Oil Spray and add chicken. Try to keep the chicken pieces in one even layer- making sure each piece is touching the skillet.
- After 2-3 minutes, turn the chicken pieces over to finish cooking.
- Once the chicken is cooked all the way through, add the sauce back into the skillet and simmer for one minute.
- Add the green onions into the mixture.
- Serve the chicken on rice or quinoa.
Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Points+: 8 points (without rice or quinoa)